Saturday, September 3, 2011

Rhumb Lines - St. John's Best Restaurant (as far as I'm concerned)

While we were in St. John, we were extremely lucky to have the owners of a restaurant in Cruz Bay, Rhumb Lines, be the aunt and uncle of two of our friends.  We ate there at least 5 times during the week - both for brunch and dinner.  The food was PHENOMENAL.  If you're on St. John, GO THERE!  It's an Asian and Tropical Fusion restaurant and, while there, we had some of the best food ever.  I honestly could have eaten there every single day.  I personally wanna thank the owners, Hillary, Scott, and Jerome for being such wonderful hosts.

Here were my favorites dishes (not in any particular order because there's no way I'd be able to rank them):
  • Lobster Benedict for brunch (yup, got it twice), 
  • Scott's Sesame-Encrusted Szechuan Tuna - Seared & accompanied by their own Spicy Szechuan sauce, with Puff Daddy Noodles & bok choy stir-fry
  • Bliss Salad - Thai Arugula & Steak Salad with Pistachio-crusted Goat Cheese (Grilled Sirloin with Thai Lemongrass Vinaigrette) - pretty sure I had this three times
  • Items from the Pupu Platter - think of this as Asian/Tropical tapas menu - small plates which are intended to be shared but once I found the Spicy Vegetable Samosas I would just order them for myself.  I know it defeats the purpose of the menu but get it and you'll understand.  *Their sauces are very well balanced and the one that comes with the Samosas is fingerlickin' good!
  • Lobster Bisque - not your traditional heavy cream ordeal but a well spiced, 'red' lobster bisque.  Only had it once but I kept asking for it every time.
I could seriously keep going but enough talking, let's get to the pictures!
How awesome is the colorful decor of the restaurant?

Such a laid back and relaxing atmosphere


Beer from the Islands, man!





This is one of the owners, Scott


I realize this isn't the best picture but this is their Mango Gazpacho.  It's the right blend of flavors and PERFECT on a hot day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...